The upcoming Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) switch off presents challenges and opportunities for businesses. To help our customers smoothly transition through this change, we have crafted a comprehensive guide.
- Assess Your Communication Infrastructure: Evaluate your current communication infrastructure to understand the impact of the switch off. Determine how much you rely on traditional landline phone systems to gain insights into necessary changes.
- Explore Alternative Technologies: Research and explore alternative technologies that align with your business needs. Consider Voice over IP (VoIP) and mobile solutions, taking into account features, cost savings, scalability, and compatibility with your existing systems.
- Plan for Implementation: Develop a robust plan for implementing the new communication technology. Identify required hardware, software, and network upgrades. Create a timeline for the transition to minimise disruption and consider conducting pilot tests before a full-scale rollout.
- Consider Cost Savings: Assess potential long-term savings despite upfront costs. VoIP and internet-based solutions often offer lower calling rates, reduced hardware maintenance, and voice and data network convergence, resulting in significant savings over time.
- Leverage Enhanced Features: Take advantage of advanced features offered by modern communication technologies. Features like voicemail-to-email transcription, call recording, video conferencing, and CRM system integration enhance productivity, streamline processes, and elevate customer experience.
- Ensure Reliability and Redundancy: Ensure reliable and redundant connectivity. Evaluate the reliability of your internet or mobile network and explore backup options to minimise downtime and disruptions.
- Address Legacy Systems: Evaluate legacy systems relying on the PSTN infrastructure. Determine compatibility with new technologies and plan necessary upgrades or replacements. Engage with vendors or consultants to ensure a seamless transition without compromising critical functionalities.
- Address Regulatory and Compliance Requirements: Consider industry-specific regulatory and compliance requirements. Ensure chosen communication solutions meet security, privacy, and data protection standards, especially in industries like healthcare or finance.
The PSTN switch off represents a significant shift in communication technologies. By carefully planning and taking proactive steps, businesses can successfully navigate this transition. At Digital Space, we provide secure and connected cloud-managed services to support UK mid-enterprises in navigating the challenges of the PSTN switch off and embracing the future of communication.
For more information and to gain more insight into the PSTN switch off, speak with our specialists today: Click Here